Buddy Poppy Days
As Memorial Day approaches, it is time to plan for Buddy Poppy Days. We will collect from Wednesday, May 25 through Sunday, May 29. We will also have a few solicitors at the band shell on Monday. This annual fund raiser is one of our largest and its success depends on the participation of members of Post 3873 and our Auxiliary, as well as families and friends.
• Masks can be worn but are not required.
• Touchless poppy distribution – poppies will be poked onto Styrofoam sheets and people will grab one themselves.
• People can send us checks or contribute electronically via link to our bank on our website.
• Stop by the conference room next to the bar to pick up a collection jug, a Styrofoam sheet, an instruction sheet, and ONE bag of poppies for each two-hour shift (150 per bag).
• Give your collections to the bartender and put the jug and left-over poppies back in the conference room.
The collection locations for this year are as follows: Trader Joe’s, Casey’s, Jewel at Ogden and Washington, Jewel at Ogden and Aurora, Jewel at 75th and Naper, and Jewel at 95th and Rt 59. The Knights of Columbus will run the Caputo’s site for us.
We will only use electronic signups this year. The signup sheet can be accessed at: https://volunteersignup.org/BXQEB. Go to this link and scroll through the list of locations, days and times. The “open” column shows how many people are needed for that slot. The first name of the current volunteer will also be listed under the location identifier.
When signing up we need your name, telephone number and email address.
You can contact Bob Colby at email@example.com or Nancy Marinello at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.